Tuesday, December 1, 2009

FINALLY !!!!!!! Engaged!!!!

When I asked Lacie what she thought Leland might want for Christmas, she responded "me to stop bugging him about getting engaged." Lacie has been waiting her entire life to get engaged and has been planning her wedding for years. It all became a reality on Tuesday, Nov. 24, 2009, when Leland Lui finally popped the question.
Let's just say that this proposal story includes a flat tire, having only pajamas to wear to the proposal (because all your pants are in the washing machine wet), stress from preparing for your singing audition the next morning for the BYU music program, an upset stomach (because you need energy for your audition so you eat lots of carbs aftering not eating them for weeks ), and a very patient and understanding fiance.
I will admit I was a little annoyed because Leland had asked Craig for Lacie's hand in marriage clear back after the general priesthood meeting in October and Craig didn't say anything as instructed by Leland (I do understand the whole trust thing, but still...) So I didn't think it would happen yet as I was waiting for Leland to come talk to Craig. Nevertheless, I was very excited and thrilled when finally around 10:00 p.m., they were able to sit us all down and tells us. Brock is so excited to have a brother. I am just thrilled to be able know that Leland loves Lacie and will treat her well and take care of her.


They are planning on getting married July 10, 2010, in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple, just a little over a year after Leland's baptism. We are so proud of them and that they have decided to wait the full year so that they can be married in the temple for eternity and start their marriage out in the perfect way.

Lacie got the ring she wanted!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

update this bad boy! show me the dress, the colors, the everything! muqua especially, i need to know how she is doing.

Lace said...

I can't post all of that stuff! Especially the dress. But I just figured out how to get into my blog again so I will be doing some posting about the wedding soon. And Mukwa is good, she is going to have puppies right before the wedding! I wish they were going to be bigger for the kids to play with, but still cute.

Lace said...

Holy cow its been so long that we are actually married now! Tehe!